Colorado Governor John W. Hickenlooper has designated tomorrow as COLORADO PEACE DAY and recognizes UNA Denver and One Earth Future as organizations “dedicated to vital work that educates, inspires, and motivates Coloradans while improving our global community.”
The United Nations Association Denver Chapter (UNA Denver) and Our Secure Future — Women Make the Difference, a program of One Earth Future together are proud to host a forum in celebration of the International Day of Peace on Thursday, September 21, 2017 at the Posner Center. We have an exciting panel of influential thought leaders working in superbly interesting places impacting global and domestic citizens. They include:
- Dr. Marie Berry, Leads the Inclusive Global Leadership Initiative, University of Denver
- Sahana Dharmapuri, Director, Our Secure Future
- Brandi Brown, Deputy Campaign Manager, Billion Acts Campaign
- Bailey Gent, Student at Regis University, Safecity Advocate Denver Team
- Albus Brooks, President, City Council, Councilman for District 9, German Marshall Fellow
- Lauren Anderson, Chair of the Board of Directors, Red Dot Foundation, SafeCity Global
Together, they will address:
- Nonviolence and organizing
- Technology and safety
- Gender equity and parity
- Peace and mindfulness
As part of this event Safecity will debut the national launch of their new mobile app in Colorado!
Additionally, attendees will walk away with a clear understanding of what we in the Denver Community can do to help achieve the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). We will also provide a comprehensive list of resources and organizations doing great work in peace building.